11 – 15 April 2022
Open classes every morning 10:30 -11:15 AM
Showing Friday 15 April 19:30 – 21:30
Julian & Shira from Bodies In Action ~ enGendering Contemporary Dance from England will be starting a new Research in the Cloud studio.
We will look at what it is like to reconnect with something unfamiliar. This can be taken in an abstract or literal sense. It will be quite a personal residency, with opportunity to take things we are familiar with, throw them out the window, and discover new things both physically, emotionally, and mentally.
Some questions and ideas we have while playing with this new creation is:
- How do unfamiliar bodies become familiar once again? How does the familiarity change?
- Does the reconnection of something that seems distant automatically reconnect or not?
- How does one/something smell, look, feel different? Can this happen with both a person and materialistic thing ?
- How do we transform the act of “re-meeting” into something abstract and visual?
- How does the amount of time apart from someone/something affect the reconnection of this?
Through these questions and figuring out the answers, we will find ways to manifest the creative process through physical tasks in order to generate material. We will take inspiration from our own unique experience as well as gather other experiences from our individual selves to tackle the question of how we reconnect with estranged individuals.
At the CLOUD/Danslab residency, we will invite people to come and take class in the morning.
Depending on what the space allows for, we will either guide a meditation/pilates/movement class or if professional dancers would like, we will host a ballet for contemporary dancers; otherwise, we will do a combination of both.
if you want more information about the classes please contact Julian: email@example.com
We will host a showing at the end of the week
to gather the immediate community to see what we have been up to. After this showing, there will be a discussion based on what people saw.